How to prepare for registration
- Check prerequisites by clicking on the unique number (blue 5-digit # on course schedule). If you register for a class and don’t meet the prerequisites—you may be dropped eventually.
- Social work course waitlists will be activated as soon as a class fills up. Classes listed as “closed” on the course schedule have full online waitlists. You cannot get permission from the instructor to add a social work class listed as “waitlisted” or “closed.” Contact the BSW Programs Team if you have questions.
If you are…
A student changing their major outside of social work
- Schedule a major exploration with Texas Career Engagement to explore options for majors
- Schedule an appointment with your SW academic advisor to make an internal transfer plan
- Apply for Internal Transfer!
A student entering field
- You are required to schedule a registration advising appointment with the BSW Program Team.
- During your appointment, we will go over a degree check to make sure all requirements are met and you are on your way to graduation.
Find support, mentorship, connections and more through the Social Work Education Enhancement Program (SWEEP)
BSW Student Handbook
All you need to know about the BSW program curriculum, academic policies and standards for social work education.
Policies and procedures regarding registration, drops, withdrawals, probation and more