BSW students engage in service learning in an agency in the community in the course Generalist Social Work Practice. Through service learning, students understand the importance of civic engagement and integrate experiential and classroom learning.
Covid-19 policies and guidance
Requirements for students
- 30 hours of service learning required in SW 312: Generalist Social Work Practice.
- Arrange service learning placement with agency.
- Set learning objectives with agency contact person.
- Track hours.
- Reflect on experience in conjunction with classroom learning.
Requirements for agencies
- Provide student oversight and training
- Provide student experience that:
- Aligns with social work values
- Complements and deepens social work values
- Includes some contact with clients or community members
Forms and other resources
Still have questions? E-mail us at email@example.com