Applications for Washington Calling 2020 now open!
Washington Calling is a week-long career development seminar in Washington, D.C. for undergraduate, master’s, and PhD level social work students to meet with and learn from area alumni, explore federal internship opportunities, and learn more about job prospects in policy, advocacy, clinical work, and professional organizations.
The DiNitto Career Center is now receiving applications for Washington Calling 2020 during Spring Break, March 15-20, 2020. Download application materials and instructions.
- Be currently enrolled in The University of Texas at Austin Steve Hicks School of Social Work. The program is open to undergraduate, master’s, and PhD level students.
- Not be eligible to graduate before May 2020
- Return completed application and the following materials to the DiNitto Career Center: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm CT, November 9, 2019
- Washington Calling application
- Current resume
- Two recommendations: one from UT SHSSW faculty member and the second from university faculty, staff and or current/former supervisors
- A 700-1000 word essay addressing the following:
- How a learning experience in Washington, D.C. would fit in with your educational and career goals
- What specific advocacy issue(s) are you most passionate about and how would you advocate for them in Washington?
- Why you think it is important for social workers to work in Washington, D.C.
DiNitto Career Center
(512) 232 – 7362