The application process for Washington Calling 2020 is closed.
Please check back in Fall 2020 for 2021 application details.
Washington Calling is a week-long career development seminar in Washington, D.C. for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral level social work students. This seminar provides opportunities for students to meet with and learn from area alumni, explore federal internship opportunities, and learn more about job prospects in policy, advocacy, clinical work, and professional organizations.
- Be currently enrolled at The University of Texas at Austin Steve Hicks School of Social Work. The program is open to undergraduate, master, and doctoral level students.
- Not be eligible to graduate before May 2020
- Return completed application and the following materials to the DiNitto Career Center: email@example.com by 5:00 pm CT, November 9, 2019
- Washington Calling application
- Current resume
- Two recommendations: one from UT SHSSW faculty member and the second from university faculty, staff and or current/former supervisors
- A 700-1000 word essay addressing the following:
- How a learning experience in Washington, D.C. would fit in with your educational and career goals
- What specific advocacy issue(s) are you most passionate about and how would you advocate for them in Washington?
- Why you think it is important for social workers to work in Washington, D.C.
DiNitto Career Center
(512) 232 – 7362