Need coaching about your individual career path?
Students and alumni are welcome to schedule an appointment through Steer Your Career to discuss your questions around:
- Determining possible career paths
- Professional branding
- Strengths-based coaching
- Applying to graduate school
- Salary negotiation
How to prepare for your appointment
In order to make your meeting as effective and time-efficient as possible, please come to your appointment prepared as follows:
- Take this mandatory online resume workshop and complete the quiz at the end. This workshop is a prerequisite to schedule one-on-one resume reviews at the DiNitto Center. The workshop is available to all social work students and alumni, and highly recommended for those going into Final Field.
- E-mail an updated copy of your document (if applicable) no later than 24 hours before your appointment to email@example.com
- If revising your resume, writing a cover letter, or preparing a CV, please use the tips and guidelines found in our career library.
Need a writing consultation?
Consultation services are provided to all Steve Hicks School students wishing to get help on any writing related to academics, career prep, and more. If you’re unsure about whether your writing counts – reach out and ask!
- Writing consultations are offered by appointment and usually last 45 minutes.
- Services include assistance with brainstorming, organization, structure, audience, tone, clarity, transitions, APA citation, and sentence-level problems.
- We do not provide proofreading or revision services.
- Please log in to Steer Your Career to schedule a writing consultation.