Need coaching about your individual career path?
Students and alumni are welcome to schedule an appointment through Steer Your Career to discuss your questions around:
- Determining possible career paths
- Professional branding
- Strengths-based coaching
- Applying to graduate school
- Salary negotiation
How to prepare for your appointment
In order to make your meeting as effective and time-efficient as possible, please come to your appointment prepared as follows:
- Take this mandatory online resume workshop and complete the quiz at the end. This workshop is a prerequisite to schedule one-on-one resume reviews at the DiNitto Center. The workshop is available to all social work students and alumni, and highly recommended for those going into Final Field.
- E-mail an updated copy of your document (if applicable) no later than 24 hours before your appointment to email@example.com
- If revising your resume, writing a cover letter, or preparing a CV, please use the tips and guidelines found in our career library.
Need a writing consultation?
Writing consultation services are provided only for Steve Hicks School current graduate students wishing to work on their academic writing and applications for grants or fellowships.
- Writing consultations are offered by appointment and usually last 45 minutes.
- Services include assistance with brainstorming, organization, structure, audience, tone, clarity, transitions, APA citation and sentence-level problems. The writing consultant does not provide proofreading services or make direct changes to your document.
- Please log in to Steer Your Career to schedule a writing consultation.