The PhD in Social Work Program requires admission to both The University of Texas at Austin Graduate School and the Steve Hicks School of Social Work.
A single, online application is required to apply to both.
- Obtain an electronic ID (EID) from The University of Texas at Austin.
- Access the online application (EID required).
- When completing the online application, you will be asked to submit the following materials:
- Personal narrative statement (instructions and prompt available in the online application).
- A copy of publication or other written documents that are representative of academic or professional work.
- 3 to 5 letters of reference, submitted electronically by the writer of the reference. When completing the online application, you will be given the opportunity to list the name, position, organization and email address for recommenders. Emails will be sent to them with instructions.
- Current resume
- Request the following documentation to be sent electronically to the to the Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC):
- International applicants from countries with primary language other than English: Official copy of TOEFL and TSE scores or TOEFL-iBT score.