Philanthropy Education Program (PEP)
PEP seeks to help BSW and MSSW students feel comfortable and competent speaking about philanthropy and taking on development roles such as fundraising, donor cultivation and event planning.
Sponsored by the Steve Hicks’ Development Office, this is a yearlong learning experience during which students have multiple opportunities to acquire philanthropy-related skills and engage with the development team, Steve Hicks faculty, staff, alumni and donors.
- Time commitment: approximately 15-20 hours per semester.
- Stipend: $500 upon completion of program requirements.
- Attend Philanthropy Foundations workshop
- Attend two additional workshops/panels during the year
- Participate in the university-wide Philanthropy Week in the fall and spring semesters
- Volunteer at at least one event organized by the Development Office
- Lead one PEP activity
Questions? Contact the Development Office graduate assistant: Ana Cantu, firstname.lastname@example.org