The Institute on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (IDVSA) is assisting the Texas Council on Family Violence (TCFV) with the creation of a comprehensive state plan to guide the support and resources provided to survivors of family violence across the state of Texas.
The state plan’s first step is the “availability survey,” which explores and inventories family violence agencies’ scope of services, including those mandated by state and federal law. The goal is to understand the range of programs and services as well the number of people served by Texas family violence programs.
IDVSA will provide assistance in completing the availability survey by:
- Consult with TCFV to finalize survey questions
- Review promotion and recruitment material
- Program survey in Qualtrics for ease of survey recruitment and data analysis
- Send survey to participants from a sampling frame provided by TCFV
- Send reminders via Qualtrics
- Provide preliminary descriptive analysis
- Identify other data sources for potential use to understand county and state level needs in potential subsequent phases.