The Steve Hicks School’s Office of Professional Development is now accepting online applications for approval of social work CEU credit for your event.

About the online application:

  • Please note: 1 hour = 1 CEU. 
  • Please submit one copy of this application per workshop/conference/webinar at least 14 days in advance of the event. Processing will usually be completed in a shorter timeline, but cannot be guaranteed
  • A processing fee will apply for each program submitted. The fee and payment method will be determined based on the type of CEU application. Payment arrangements must be made before the application is be processed.
  • Credit card payments will be processed via a separate web portal after the application is submitted.
  • Special requests for payments by check should be made out to The University of Texas at Austin and mailed to the address provided in the application.
  • Institutions internal to the University of Texas will be billed via the inter-departmental transfer (IDT) payment processing system
  • After pressing FINISH at the end of the online application, you will no longer be able to go back and edit your submission. It is recommended that you prepare your information in advance to avoid delays in processing. 
  • If you exit the online application, your responses will be saved automatically. You may return at any point by clicking the online application link on the same device (as long as your browser cookies/ history has not been cleared). 

Have CEU-related inquires? Contact us:


The Office of Professional Development at the Steve Hicks School of Social Work approves CEUs based on standards set by the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners. Program approval is conducted in accordance with the criteria and standards found in Requirements for Continuing Education under the Texas Administrative Code, 781.501. Programs can be approved for Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists and Psychologists licensed for practice in Texas. Those attending from other states are advised to check with their state’s licensing board.