Professor and Meadows Foundation Centennial Professor in the Quality of Life in the Rural Environment
Calvin Streeter, Ph.D., is the Meadows Foundation Centennial Professor in the Quality of Life in the Rural Environment. He received his MSW and PhD from the Brown School of Social Work at Washington University in St. Louis. His social work practice experience includes rural community development, program planning and implementation, and program evaluation.
Streeter teaches both MSSW and Ph.D. courses. He has most recently taught Strategic Partnership through Collaborative Leadership, Program Evaluation, and Dynamics of Organizations and Communities in the MSSW program and Data Analysis in the Ph.D. program. He also teaches the forum seminar in Social Entrepreneurship and Non-Profits for the university’s Bridging Disciplines Program.
Streeter chairs the Steve Hicks School of Social Work’s International Committee. Since 1999, he has been the faculty liaison for a field placement with the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) in Geneva, Switzerland and supervises student internships with Churches Auxiliary for Social Action (CASA) in Chennai, India. He is the social work faculty liaison with Projects with Underserved Communities, a collaboration between the Schools of Engineering and Social Work.
In addition to his interest in rural social work, his research has focused on school-based services, homelessness, disability services, employment policy. His scholarship has been featured in more than 80 peer reviewed journal articles, book chapters, encyclopedia entries, monographs, conference proceedings, technical papers and research reports, as well as numerous national and international conference presentations. He is active in many local and national causes and has served on numerous non-profit boards and taskforces.
Curriculum Vitae (PDF)
Organization behavior and social administration, disaster preparedness and community response to crisis, school social work and dropout prevention, quality management in human services rural human services, social research and measurement.
- Ph.D., Washington University at St. Louis
- M.S.W., Washington University at St. Louis
- B.S., Kearney State College
- The National Homelessness Social Work Initiative (2019)
- Education outreach program evaluation for Austin Guitar Society (2009)
- Medicaid Infrastructure Resource Mapping (2008)
- Solution-focused alternatives for education (2003)
- Georgetown Safe Schools/Healthy Students Initiative (2002)
- Welfare waivers for victims of domestic violence (1999)
- Texas domestic violence needs assessment (1998)
- The Parallel Strengths and Weaknesses of the Civil Society and the State: The Example of Katrina Survivors (2007)
Social Work Building (SSW)Room:3.130G
Mailing AddressThe University of Texas at Austin
Steve Hicks School of Social Work
1925 San Jacinto Blvd 3.130G
Austin, TX 78712-0358