Congratulations on your admission to the School of Social Work MSSW Program at The University of Texas at Austin! We are delighted to have you as part of the incoming class.
These pages are designed specifically for you. Here you will find answers to your frequently asked questions, a checklist for items to be completed by orientation, facts about the city of Austin, resources for finding roommates, and places to live, and words of wisdom from current students who were in your shoes a year ago. These pages will be updated periodically, so be sure to check them on a regular basis!
Once again, congratulations on your admission to the school. Hook ’em Horns!
Important Dates to Remember
STUDENTS STARTING IN THE Fall
- August 17-18, 2016: Orientation, including advising, for new MSSW students entering in the fall (Mandatory).
- August 19, 2016: Registration for newly admitted students beginning in the spring.
- August 24, 2016: First day of class.
STUDENTS STARTING FIELD IN THE FALL
- August 22-23, 2016: Field Orientation- A Field Engagement Seminar will be held for incoming 2 year students. More information to follow.
- August 24, 2016: First day of class for students.