The South Southwest Addiction Technology Transfer Center (HHSC Region 6 ATTC) works through multiple consortia of educational institutions and various agencies to promote incorporation of research into addictions curricula. Additionally, SSW ATTC provides technical assistance and consultation for state agencies and community organizations in Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Arkansas to facilitate workforce development and the implementation of evidence-based practices.
Objectives of the ATTC
- Develop and maintain State and regional consortia across and among:
- State Agencies
- Educational Institutions
- Providers and Consumers.
- Maintain active linkages with research resources.
- Convene research-to-practice conferences, research seminars, and training sessions focusing on implementation of evidence-based practices.
- Conduct state training needs assessment and help implement research-based curricula for pre-service students and practicing addictions counselors. A key focus of this effort is to utilize culturally competent course content and methods.
- Facilitate adoption of improvements in professional standards in the addictions field.
- Provide technical assistance to providers, state agencies, and planning groups.
- Maintain a center of excellence in drug abuse epidemiology and provide consultation on monitoring drug trends and service needs.