The South Southwest Addiction Technology Transfer Center (U.S. HHS Region 6 ATTC covering Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Arkansas). As one of 10 regional centers, our ATTC works to implement evidence based practices in addictions recovery programs, and to support the ongoing development of the recovery workforce.
In order to accomplish these purposes, our center has established effective working collaborations with the HHSC regional administrator, national consultants, key state agencies, institutions of higher education, and other stakeholders in the region.
- Conduct provider training and technical assistance on evidence-based and promising practices, systems change and quality improvement.
- Provide research-based courses for pre-service students and practicing addictions counselors.
- Promote recruitment and retention of minority students, volunteers, and professionals into the addictions field.
- Assist development of recovery oriented systems of care (ROSCs) and support for peer recovery specialists.
- Exchange strategic insights and input from a regional ATTC advisory board composed of key agencies and stakeholders to inform forward development of ATTC strategies.
- Cooperate in planning and implementation of other Addiction Research Institute initiatives such as Recovery Support Services and TA for federal opioid initiatives.