Allen Rubin, Ph.D.
Duration: 91 – 94
Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services, Families and Children Division, implemented the Substance Abuse Family Treatment Project (Project SAF-T) to increase the availability of and access to emergency, family preservation, and treatment services for substance-abusing families reported to Child Protective Services in Travis County.
A formal evaluation of this project was completed in 1995 and included data on the following outcome indicators:
- Frequency of placement in foster care
- Number of in-home days children live with referred family
- Proportion of placed children whose placements are with relatives
- Proportion of placement transfers among placed children
- Percentage of time siblings placed together (among placed children)
- Number of days case is in court system before placement decision made
- Extent of social service utilization and completion
- Number of subsequent referrals of treated families to CPS for abuse/neglect.
Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
Keywords: substance abuse