The MSSW/MBA dual degree combines social work training with advanced business studies, responding to an increased need in the public and private sector for social work professionals with the management and financial skills required for careers in human services.
- The program is structured to be completed in three years of full-time study, which is at least one year less than it takes to complete the two degrees individually. Download program of work (PDF).
- Students will receive degrees from both institutions.
- Students must be accepted into both programs independently, meeting each institution’s admission criteria.
- Students interested in pursuing this dual degree must choose the Administration and Policy Practice (APP) concentration in social work.
At the McCombs School of Business, students develop proficiency in core business functions in accounting, economics, finance, marketing, operations, and statistics, as well as effective communication and leadership skills. At the Steve Hicks School, students develop advanced skills in strategic planning, program development and implementation, program administration, human resource development, information technology, strategic partnerships, and program evaluation.
Students who complete the dual MSSW/MBA program will be prepared to design and manage effective and client-responsive human service delivery systems in both the non-profit, for-profit, and government sectors.
MSSW/MBA Program Options
There are 4 program options for the MSSW/MBA dual degree.
- Post BSW Track 42 Hour Program (Spring Admission)
- Post BSW Track 42 Hour Program (Summer Admission)
- Post BSW Track 48 Hour Program
- 3 Year Full-Time Program
Application to the MSSW/MBA Dual Degree Program
In addition to all of the materials required for admission to the MSSW program, applicants to the dual degree program must also apply and be accepted the McCombs School of Business’s MBA program.