University policies: see Part 11 of the Handbook of Business Procedures (Financial and Administrative Services)
- The school will sponsor faculty travel to the annual program meeting (APM) of the Council on Social Work Education, and the annual meeting of the Society for Social Work and Research. See provisos outlined in the Dean’s memorandum of September 25, 2012 (link will take you to UT Box, EID protected).
- The school has limited funds for other travel. We will attempt to support travel to two conferences a year as long as you are presenting an original paper in both trips. To help offset the costs of your tripsYou are required to apply for a Faculty Travel Grant from the Graduate School . These grants give a maximum total of $1,200/year. IMPORTANT: at the time you submit the Faculty Travel Grant, you must also submit a Travel Authorization Request (TAR). Without a TAR, your application will not be processed.
- Meal expenses, overnight stay: Up to $51 for each full day without receipts (effective May 1, 2016). If meal expenses exceed $51/day, to be reimbursed travelers must provide itemized receipts for each meal showing traveler’s expenses only (credit card receipts are not acceptable). Please note that some research accounts follow state rules, and for the state of Texas the maximum allowed for some small cities is $36 for a full day. Check with your support staff in advance.
- Reimbursements must be submitted to your support staff no later than 30 days after your return to Austin.
- Mileage: Travelers with ongoing personal car trips must submit mileage reimbursements on a monthly basis. After 30 days of travel completion, no reimbursement will be processed.
- All travel reimbursements must be submitted online using the Travel Reimbursement Request (UT EID required).
Useful Links and Forms
- Hotel Tax Exempt Form (PDF)
- Mileage Log (XLSX)
- Enterprise Car Rental:
- University resources: Travel Management Services
- Online travel reservations: Concur
- GSA per diem rates
- Foreign currency exchange rate
- Student travel policy
- Traveler Checklist (PDF)
- Vehicle Rental Tax Exemption Certificate (PDF)