Position announcements are posted on The University of Texas at Austin academic employment portal. To view postings for the Steve Hicks School of Social Work, filter results using “social work” as keyword. We have the following open positions:
- Tenured/Tenure Track Positions: The Steve Hicks School of Social Work at The University of Texas at Austin invites applicants for a tenured or tenure track positions in Child Welfare. Applications will be accepted for appointment at the level of assistant, associate, or full professor. Applicants must demonstrate a clear potential for or an established record of excellence in funded research, scholarship, and teaching and meet the university’s requirements for faculty rank. Apply.
- Adjunct Assistant Professor: The Steve Hicks School of Social Work at The University of Texas at Austin routinely hires adjunct faculty to fill curricular needs on a part-time basis. Although no new positions currently are available, the school maintains a pool of candidates for temporary part-time positions as the need arises. Persons selected teach lower and/or upper division undergraduate courses as well as master’s-level graduate courses in the day and/or evening hours. Appointments are usually made on a semester-by-semester basis. Positions are renewable, contingent on need, funding and performance.
- Qualifications: Master’s degree in social work or related field; at least two years post-graduate experience is preferred.
- Application Instructions: Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume, and the name, address, e-mail, and phone number of three references. Letters to be addressed to: Dr. Allan H. Cole Jr., Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Steve Hicks School of Social Work, The University of Texas at Austin, 1925 San Jacinto Blvd. D3500, Austin, TX 78712.
- Prior to any appointment, selected candidates will be asked to submit three confidential letters of recommendation that address the candidate’s effectiveness as a teacher and/or expertise in the subject to be taught.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.