Position announcements are posted on The University of Texas at Austin academic employment portal. To view postings for the School of Social Work, filter results using “social work” as keyword. We have the following open positions:
- Tenured/Tenure-Track: The School of Social Work invites applications from scholars with expertise in Autism Spectrum Disorders and Neurodevelopmental Disabilities. Applicants must demonstrate that their research, teaching, writing, lecturing, and other activities are devoted to services and interventions for individuals with ASD-NDD and their families. Apply.
- Tenured/Tenure-Track: This is announcement is for all ranks (assistant, associate, and full professor). In addition to knowledge of the field of social work, applicants for tenured (or tenure-track) associate professor and full professor positions must demonstrate a strong track record of external funding, publications, teaching and mentoring doctoral students, and professional leadership in social work. Candidates for assistant professor positions must show promise of launching and maintaining a strong program of fundable research and significant progress in publications. Apply.
- Adjunct Assistant Professor: The School of Social Work routinely hires adjunct faculty to fill curricular needs on a part-time basis. Appointments are usually made on a semester-by-semester basis. Positions are renewable, contingent on need and performance. Apply.
- Lecturer: The School of Social Work occasionally hires non-tenure track faculty to fill curricular needs on a part-time basis. The positions are contingent upon student enrollment and the availability of funding. Appointments are usually made on a semester-by-semester basis, though occasionally a year-long appointment is made. Positions are annually renewable, contingent on funding and performance. Apply.
- Clinical: The School of Social Work welcomes applications for clinical faculty positions from exceptional practitioners in all fields of social work who are committed to excellence in teaching and field education. Preference will be given to candidates with experience teaching at the undergraduate and/or master’s degree levels. Involvement in service to the community and the profession is expected. Consideration will be given to applicants at all ranks (clinical assistant, clinical associate, and clinical professor). Apply.