- This event has passed.
Whole Communities - Whole Health
December 4 @ 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Join Whole Communities – Whole Health for this research showcase that will highlight the work conducted over the past two years with families in the Del Valle community.
Some of the research to be presented include:
- Child-parent relationships in development
- Physical activity in the schools
- The experience of racism on adolescent stress
- Home air quality and its effects on sleep and wellbein
- What the daily digital footprint can tell us about mood and stress levels
Whole Communities – Whole Health is an initiative at UT Austin through which an interdisciplinary team of researchers is conducting a five-year cohort study with communities in eastern Travis County to understand more about the physical, environmental and emotional health of families facing systemic injustices. Esther Calzada, associate dean for equity and inclusion at the Steve Hicks School of Social Work, is among the team members.