Lecturer and Social Science/Humanities Research Associate V
Beth Gerlach is associate director at the Child and Family Research Institute (CFRI). Her current research includes increasing the educational stability of foster youth and foster care reform. Her clinical experience is in school social work and child welfare. Dr. Gerlach also serves as a lecturer in the School of Social Work and has taught research methods, social work practice in schools and human behavior in the social environment.
Social work practice in schools, prevention and intervention research in school settings, child welfare, adolescent pregnancy prevention, school-based health and mental health services, family relationships and intervention, adolescents aging out of foster care and education reform models.
- Ph.D., The University of Texas at Austin
- M.S.S.W., The University of Texas at Austin
- B.A. in Humanities, The University of Texas at Austin
- Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services Consumer Satisfaction Survey (2016)
- Prevention and Early Intervention (PEI) Evaluation (2017)
- Texas Trio — Education System Collaborations to Increase Educational Stability: Program Evaluation (2013)
- TX DARS Statewide Needs Assessment (2016)
- DFPS Curriculum Development: permanency, visitation, and trauma-informed workforce (2013)
Social Work BuildingRoom:3.212CC
Mailing AddressThe University of Texas
School of Social Work
1925 San Jacinto Blvd D3500
Austin, TX 78712-0358