Need advice about your individual career path?
Students and alumni are welcome to schedule an appointment through Steer your Career with DiNitto Center director Jennifer Luna to discuss your questions around:
- Determining possible career paths
- Applying to graduate school
- Reviewing or developing job-search strategies and materials
- Salary negotiation
Need to review your resume, CV or cover letter?
Students and alumni are welcome to schedule an appointment through Steer Your Career with the DiNitto Center director Jennifer Luna. In order to make your meeting as effective and time efficient as possible, please come to your appointment prepared as follows:
- Take this mandatory online resume workshop and complete the quiz at the end. This workshop is a prerequisite to schedule one-on-one resume reviews at the DiNitto Center.
- E-mail an updated copy of your resume no later than 24 hours before your appointment to email@example.com.
- When creating or revising your resume, please use the tips and guidelines found in our career library.
- Format your resume using bullets to highlight your skills and experience. Please do not use paragraphs.
- Avoid the use of the first person in your resume.
- Include your most current education and field placement experience.
Need a writing consultation?
Writing consultation services are provided only for Steve Hicks School current graduate students wishing to work on their academic writing, job-market materials (CVs, resumes, cover letters and personal statements) and applications for grants or fellowships. Please note: consultations are not provided for applications to other graduate programs or course written examinations.
- Writing consultations are offered by appointment and usually last 45 minutes.
- Services include assistance with brainstorming, organization, structure, audience, tone, clarity, transitions, APA citation and sentence-level problems. The writing consultant does not provide line-editing or proofreading services for grammar.
- Please log in to Steer Your Career to schedule a writing consultation.