The DiNitto Center for Career Services has information on Social Work licensure for the state of Texas. If you would like to check out a study guide, make an appointment to take a practice licensure exam, or reserve your spot in an upcoming workshop to help you prepare for the licensure exam, contact the center. For more information about the process of social work licensure in Texas, download this step-by-step guide (pdf).
- Our social work licensing exam study guides are very popular in late spring and summer. When a study guide becomes available, we will contact you twice, once by phone and once by email. We ask that you please pick up the guide within 48 hours of being notified. If you fail to pick up the guide within this time frame, your name will be placed at the bottom of the list, and you may have to wait several weeks before it is available again.
- Due to the high volume of requests to utilize practice licensing materials, the DiNitto Center for Career Services will charge an admistrative fee of $25 for alumni to utilize the LMSW/LCSW practice tests and practice guides. New graduates will have a 6 month grace period from the date of graduation. Effective July 6, 2015
- Texas State Board of Social Worker Examinars
- Social Work Examination Services Web Site
- American Association of State Social Work Boards
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Mariage and Family Counselor
Looking for Clinical Supervision in Austin? Visit the Dinitto Center for detailed information and resumes of the following approved Clinical Supervisors: List of Austin Clinical Supervisors (PDF)