The DiNitto Career Center has information on social work licensure for the state of Texas. Our Study Guides operate on a first come, first serve basis. Please email us at email@example.com or call (512) 232-7362 for more information about test prep books and Online Practice Exams.
For more information about the process of Social Work licensure in Texas, please reference this step-by-step guide (pdf).
- Our social work licensing exam study guides are very popular in late spring and summer and there may be a wait list. When a study guide becomes available, we will contact you twice, once by phone and once by email. We ask that you please pick up the guide within 48 hours of being notified. If you fail to pick up the guide within this time frame, your name will be placed at the bottom of the list, and you may have to wait several weeks before it is available again.
- The DiNitto Career Center has instituted new policies for the use of online testing materials & study guides.
Current Students & Alumni up to 6 months after graduation:
- Study Guide (DSM V): Free, with three 1-week extensions if no guides are waitlisted.
- Online Testing Materials (DSM V): Free first testing account. Any request for (a) subsequent account(s) $10 per testing account
Alumni (6 months+ after graduation)
- Online Testing Materials (DSM V): $30 per testing account (LBSW, LMSW, or LCSW)
- Study Guide (DSM V): $30 per checkout of the licensing preparation guides (LBSW, LMSW, or LCSW). No study guide extensions will be offered.
- Bundle package – Online Testing Materials & Study Guide $50. No study guide extensions will be offered.
Non-affiliated social workers (people who never attended The University of Texas at Austin School of Social Work)
- Online Testing Materials – DSM V: $35 per testing account (LBSW, LMSW, or LCSW)
- Study Guide – DSM V: $40 per checkout of the licensing preparation guides (LBSW, LMSW, or LCSW). No study guide extensions will be offered.
- Bundle package: Online Testing Materials & Study Guide $65. No study guide extensions will be offered.
- Social Work Text Prep
- Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners
- American Association of State Social Work Boards
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Mariage and Family Counselor