A Social Work Minor requires completion of 15 semester hours, six of which must be upper-division. All courses in the Social Work Minor must be taken on a letter grade basis and students must earn a minimum grade of a C. All interested students must apply for admission by completing the online application to the Social Work Minor.
To be eligible, students must satisfy the following requirements:
- SW 310 – Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare (with a “C” minimum)
- Minimum UT GPA of 2.50
- SW 310 – Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare – 3 hours
- SW 312 – Generalist Social Work Practice: Knowledge, Values, and Skills – 3 hours
- SW 325 – Foundations of Social Justice – 3 hours
- Students will choose two additional courses from SW 360K numbered topic courses to complete their required 15 semester hours.
The Fall 2019 application for the Social Work Minor is now live and will be available from September 15 – October 15.