A Social Work Minor requires completion of 15 semester hours, six of which must be upper-division. All courses in the Social Work Minor must be taken on a letter grade basis and students must earn a minimum grade of a C.
All interested students must apply for admission through a two-part process. First, complete the online application to the Social Work Minor. Once this application has been submitted, students must submit a request for the restricted Social Work minor using the Minor/Certificate Inventory System.
To be eligible, students must satisfy the following requirements:
- SW 310 – Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare (with a “C” minimum)
- Minimum UT GPA of 2.50
- SW 310 – Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare – 3 hours
- SW 312 – Generalist Social Work Practice: Knowledge, Values, and Skills – 3 hours
- SW 325 – Foundations of Social Justice – 3 hours
- Students will choose two additional courses from SW 360K numbered topic courses to complete their required 15 semester hours.
The application for the Social Work Minor is live until March 15 for Fall 2019 admission. You may access the application here.