Bachelors of Social Work Admissions
The University of Texas at Austin is responsible for the admission and readmission of all undergraduate students; the Steve Hicks School of Social Work is not involved in the application or selection process. External Transfer Students from another institution must apply through Texas Admissions. There is no separate application for admission to the social work major.
Texas Admissions has all the information you need to be admitted to the university, whether you are a first-year student, a student transferring from another university, a former UT student seeking readmission, or an international undergraduate.
Bachelors of Social Work Information Sessions (admissions requirements will not be covered)
The Steve Hicks School of Social Work’s BSW information sessions provide an overview of the BSW program, internship requirements, and study abroad and career opportunities associated with social work. A Q&A will follow the presentation.
- BSW Info Session on Friday, January 24 from 2:30pm-3:30pm in SSW 2.132
- BSW Info Session on Monday, February 17 from 12:30pm-1:30pm in SSW 2.112
- BSW Info Session on Monday, March 9 from 12:30pm-1:30pm in SSW 2.112
- BSW Info Session on Monday, March 16 from 12:30pm-1:30pm in SSW 2.112
- BSW Info Session on Friday, April 10 from 12:30pm-1:30pm in SSW 2.132