A Social Work Minor requires completion of 15 hours, six of which must be upper-division. All courses in the Social Work Minor must be taken for a letter grade and students must earn a minimum grade of a C.
Social Work Minor application requirements:
- Minimum UT GPA of 2.0
Social Work Minor required courses:
- S W 310 – Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare
- S W 312 – Generalist Social Work Practice: Knowledge, Values, and Skills
- S W 325 – Foundations of Social Justice
- S W electives – 6 hrs chosen from course options listed below
- S W 360K – Current Social Work Topics (may be repeated when topic varies)
- S W 387T – Transformative Teams in Healthcare
All interested students must apply for admission through the online application.