The decision to begin a doctoral program in social work is an important one. It is vital to make sure you are choosing an institution and program that best fits your needs. The following steps will help you determine whether our doctoral program is the best fit for you and will provide more information about the university and the school:
- Ensure that The University of Texas at Austin is the right fit for you. Visit our Why Choose UT Austin page and the Graduate School page
- Explore our PhD program. You might be interested in learning about some of our current doctoral students, and about the careers of some of our alumni. Don’t forget to visit the institutes page to learn about the research done at the school.
- Request a PhD information packet.
- View the PhD application checklist (PDF). It may be helpful as you complete your graduate application.
- Contact Director of Student and Community Affairs Ramon Gomez at (512) 471-9819 or email@example.com with additional questions or to schedule a visit to the school.