Adjunct Assistant Professor
David L. Evans has over 30 years of experience as a leader in the mental health, mental retardation, and chemical dependence field. He received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Social Science and obtained a Master of Arts Degree in Education.
Mr. Evans is presently the Executive Director at Austin Travis County Mental Health Mental Retardation Center. He also serves as the Executive Director of the Center’s affiliated non-profit New Milestones Foundation, Inc. Currently he serves as a member of the
- Adjunct faculty at the University of Texas at Austin
- Austin Wellness and Prevention Committee,
- Health Care Working Committee of the Texas Infrastructure Board,
- Arc of the Capital Area,
- Texas Council of Community Mental Health Mental Retardation Centers, Inc.,
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, and the
- Mayor’s Task Force on Public Safety.
He has served as a member of the
- National Association of State Mental Health Directors,
- The Georgia Planning Council for Developmental Disabilities,
- Georgia’s Initiative for Children and Families Leadership Council,
- Trustee for the Commission for the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities; and
- Past President of the National Association for State Mental Retardation Program Directors.
Curriculum Vitae (PDF)
Accreditation and quality improvement, executive management, residential treatment, and systems of care.
- M.A., Oakland University
- B.A., Michigan State University
Social Work Building (SSW)Room:3.104A
Mailing AddressThe University of Texas at Austin
Steve Hicks School of Social Work
1925 San Jacinto Blvd 3.104A
Austin, TX 78712-0358