The DiNitto Center for Career Services has information on social work licensure for the state of Texas. You can sign up for a practice exam on Steer Your Career. Our study guides operate on a first come, first serve basis. Please visit or contact the center for available study guides. For more information about the process of social work licensure in Texas, please reference this step-by-step guide (pdf).
- Our social work licensing exam study guides are very popular in late spring and summer. When a study guide becomes available, we will contact you twice, once by phone and once by email. We ask that you please pick up the guide within 48 hours of being notified. If you fail to pick up the guide within this time frame, your name will be placed at the bottom of the list, and you may have to wait several weeks before it is available again.
- The DiNitto Center for Career Services has instituted new policies for the use of online testing materials & study guides.
Current Students & Alumni up to 6 months after graduation:
- Study Guide (DSM V): Free with 3 extensions.
- Online Testing Materials (DSM V): Free first testing account. Any request for (a) subsequent account(s) $10 per testing account
Alumni (6 months+ after graduation)
- Online Testing Materials (DSM V): $30 per testing account (LBSW, LMSW, or LCSW)
- Study Guide (DSM V): $30 per checkout of the licensing preparation guides (LBSW, LMSW, or LCSW). No extensions will be offered.
- Bundle package – Online Testing Materials & Study Guide $50
Non-affiliated social workers (people who never attended The University of Texas at Austin School of Social Work)
- Online Testing Materials – DSM V: $35 per testing account (LBSW, LMSW, or LCSW)
- Study Guide – DSM V: $40 per checkout of the licensing preparation guides (LBSW, LMSW, or LCSW). No extensions will be offered.
- Bundle package: Online Testing Materials & Study Guide $65
- Texas State Board of Social Worker Examinars
- Social Work Examination Services Web Site
- American Association of State Social Work Boards
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Mariage and Family Counselor