The DiNitto Center for Career Services has information on social work licensure for the state of Texas. You can sign up for a practice exam on Steer Your Career. Our study guides operate on a first come, first serve basis. Please visit or contact the center for available study guides. For more information about the process of social work licensure in Texas, download this step-by-step guide (pdf).
- Our social work licensing exam study guides are very popular in late spring and summer. When a study guide becomes available, we will contact you twice, once by phone and once by email. We ask that you please pick up the guide within 48 hours of being notified. If you fail to pick up the guide within this time frame, your name will be placed at the bottom of the list, and you may have to wait several weeks before it is available again.
As of July 6, 2015, the DiNitto Center for Career Services is instituting new policies around use of LBSW/LMSW/LCSW practice testing materials.
Practice exams and study guides for current students and alumni 6 months after graduation – Free
Alumni (6 months+ after graduation)
Practice Exam: $30 per practice test
Study Guide: $30 per borrowing licensing preparation guides (no extensions)
Bundle package: Practice Exam and Study Guide $50
Non-Affiliated Social Workers (people who never attended The University of Texas at Austin’s School of Social Work)
Practice Exam: $40 per practice test
Study Guide: $40 per borrowing licensing preparation guides (no extensions)
Bundle package: Practice Exam and Study Guide $70
- Texas State Board of Social Worker Examinars
- Social Work Examination Services Web Site
- American Association of State Social Work Boards
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Mariage and Family Counselor
Looking for clinical supervision in Austin? Visit the Dinitto Center for detailed information and resumes of approved Austin clinical supervisors (PDF).