Plan on having the following items before starting school:
- ID Card
- Sign up for a UTmail account for email
- UT EID and password
- IT prepaid account through ITS for printing privileges
- Need a computer or software? Get discounts at the campus Computer Store
- Obtain parking permit – if you plan to park on campus
- Social workers’ desk reference– You will be given a promo code for a discounted rate at orientation.
- Malpractice liability insurance: For those students entering the two-year program, you will be receiving a letter from the Field Office before orientation.
- Pay your tuition by June 2, 2017 5:00p.m (Summer start) and September 5, 2017 5:00pm (Fall start).
MSSW Students: Sign up for the MSSW email list. It is highly recommended that you use an official university email address (@utexas.edu or @austin.utexas.edu. To sign up go to utlists.utexas.edu/sympa/subscribe/ssw-mssw and enter your email address and follow the direction on the server.
Before you arrive at orientation: